- Pin the back seam together and mark where the zipper will end, leaving 5cm of zipper below the mark. Mark with chalk on the zipper and also on the seam allowances.
- Machine baste where the zipper will go down to the bottom mark, then change the stitch length and sew the rest of the seam. Press the seam open with a hard press.
- Gently press the zipper tape and teeth open, on low heat.
- Remove the basting stitches and align the zipper, face down, on the seam. Pin so that the teeth are aligned with the pressed edge. Pin the zipper to the seam allowances only.
- Machine baste the zipper to the seam allowances down the middle of the tape. Do the zipper up and check that the zipper has been inserted evenly.
- With a zipper foot, sew close to the teeth from top to bottom on both sides, stopping at the lower mark.