- Interface either side of the zipper opening.
- Stitch CB seam from bottom zipper marking and press seam open.
- Press open 3/4" on CB edges above bottom zipper marking.
- On outside, pin closed zipper to CB with RS facing and zipper top towards the hem of the garment (thebottom of the zipper should be about ½" below the bottom zipper marking).
- Stitch across the end of the zipper ½" above the zipper stop.
- Flip the zipper up and centre it over the opening edges. Baste across the neck edge.
- On the inside, pin the zipper in place with pressed edges along the zipper teeth. Baste close to pressed edges but not along the lower end of the opening.
- On the outside, topstitch the zipper tape along the basting (ie edgestitching the pressed edges.
- Stitch a second line of topstitching close to the edges of the zipper teeth and across the bottom. Remove basting.