- Trim seam allowances on outer and short edges of the collar to ¼".
- Stitch the outer edge seam and press the seam allowance open.
- On the RS, lie a doubled piece of thick thread along the seam line with the loop hanging outside the collar.
- Sew the short edge of the collar, using a short stitch initially.
- Clip across the corner, taking care not to snip the thread loop.
- Gently pull the thread ends (not the loop) from inside the collar, turning the point in the process.
- Do the same for the other short edge