- Graduate to a larger size from the armhole down, but only out to a maximum of 2 sidelines. More than this starts to look likes wings!
- Add to the CF (make a diagonal line) from the bust level down.
- On princess-line patterns with a side front, add extra to the seam line from the bust level down.
- On princess-line patterns with a side back, add extra to the seam line from the bust level down.
- Reduce the take-up of waist darts, but don't eliminate - too boxy.
- From the side seam, draw up-side down Ls (diagonal short arms) to the hem and cutting along lines leaving a small 'hinge' at the side seam.
- Splay the pattern the desired amount, a total of 6" total can be gained.