- Cut a cardboard template rectangle for the flap eg. 6" x 2½" then use the pocket template guide to form two corners.
- On garment front, RS, draw a chalk placement line = the top of the flap.
- Place the cardboard flap on the placement line and chalk around it.
- Stitch 3 sides (not top placement line) on top of placement line using a smaller stitch (except on leather, a smaller stitch might perforate the line).
- Stitch again, ¼" outside the first stitching line.
- Cut between the stitching lines with scissors.
- Cut an 8 x 8" rectangle of fabric to make the pocket bag and add ¼" Steam a Seam to all edges.
- Remove paper and fust to the wrong side of the garment, about ½" larger all around flap.
- On RS, chalk lines down either side ½" from flap edges and topstitch on the initial placement line and the newly drawn lines to secure the pocket bag.