- Interface both sides of the seam allowance where the zipper will go, using the non-stretch direction for greatest stability.
- Mark the level of the bottom stopper on the seam allowances.
- Machine baste the opening closed, to the bottom marking, and then sew the seam below it closed with a regular stitch length. Press the seam open.
- Lay Wonder Tape to RS of both sides of the zipper.
- Place the zipper, face down, along the WS of the basting line, with the bottom stopper above the bottom marking. This way you won't break a needle when you stitch it in place.
- Sew the zipper in place from the RS through all thicknesses. To do this, place a strip of Scotch Tape centred over the zipper and use the edges as a stitching line.
- Remove tape, open up basting.