- Interface both sides of the seam allowance where the zipper will go, using the non-stretch direction for greatest stability.
- Mark the level of the bottom stopper on the seam allowances.
- Machine baste the opening closed, to the bottom marking, and then sew the seam closed with a regular stitch length.
- Lie the zipper along the basting, face down and closed.
- Machine sew the zipper to each seam allowance, only. This gives strength that the hand-picking doesn't.
- On the RS, lie Wonder Tape either side of the basting line and use this as a guide for the hand stitching.
- Use double thread through beeswax to stitch from the RS using a tiny back stitch. Add a bead for bling.