- Mark the point of the V on the garment fabric.
- Fuse stay tape over the garment seam line but not within an inch either side of the V (to reduce bulk).
- Stitch the facing to the garment, decreasing the stitch length either side of the V and hand-walking 2 stitches across the V.
- Clip right to the V.
- Press the seam open and grade the seams.
- Press the SA closed and then towards the garment.
- Understitch the SAs at ⅛" but stop an inch either side of the V (to reduce bulk).
- Press from the RS.