- Draft a pocket piece with a nice rounded shape.
- Mark the pocket opening (~6") on the front piece of the garment, top and bottom. Clip to ½" at each marking. Fuse ¼" Steam a Seam to the opening edge and then fold under twice, using the paper as a template. Remove the paper and topstitch in place.
- Fuse short strips of Steam a Seam to the edges of the pocket and position in place.
- From the WS, stitch the pocket to the garment (in the ditch, if a Hong Kong finish), using 2 lines of stitching if desired.
- Sew the back of the garment to the front, RS together, catching the pocket seam but missing the pocket opening.
- If desired, topstitch down either side of the pocket opening.
- Add bar tacks (small, narrow zig zag) to the opening ends on the front of the garment, or add rivets.