This technique uses the 'SnapSetter' tool from Snap Source.
Sandra uses size 16 and size 24 snaps.
- Interface behind where the snaps will go, a strip of interfacing.
- Add male prong of snap to WS of upper garment, pushing prongs through fabric.
- Place this into lower part of tool.
- Squeeze some glue (e.g. E6000) into the centre of the snap.
- Use a pencil to guide the next part of the tool on top (has a hole)
- Lay down female flower of snap onto tool then add final layer of tool.
- Pound with a hammer on a hard surface to join together.
- To set the other side, chalk the snap surface heavily, line up on the other garment piece and rub off to get the placement.
- Repeat the process with the female snap parts.