- Measure the neckline length at ¼".
- Fuse stay tape to the entire neckline, over the ¼" seam line, clipping into the tape to curve it. On knit fabrics, the fusing is sometimes dodgy and you may need to staystitch it in place.
- Cut a band 1 3/4" wide and the length of the neckline from knit fabric or bias woven fabric, and seam it into a circle using a 5/8" seam. The band will therefore be 1 ¼" shorter than the neckline length.
- Quarter the neckline, quarter the band, and pin together with RS together.
- Sew the band to the neckline with the band on top.
- Overlock with a 3-thread narrow stitch.
- Press the SA towards the garment and topstitch SA to garment at ⅛" if desired.
Could make the band bias satin and create a neckline facing rather than a band.