- Machine thread baste the vertical CF line and buttonhole placement. Mark the buttonhole placement to the right of where the buttonhole will go so you can remove the basting later.
- Wrap a piece of Solvy around each buttonhole as you sew it, over the top and around the folded edge and underneath the buttonhole, and pin in place.
- Use a 50 or 100 weight silk thread and a new needle.
- Sew the buttonhole then tear away the Solvy and remove the thread basting.
- Press to dissolve the Solvy
- Hand cut the little threads on the inside of the buttonhole and use Fray Block on the back of the buttonhole.