Sunday, 25 September 2011

Bias binding maker

My friend Jeanine introduced me to the new Simplicity bias binding maker.  It takes 2" strips of bias fabric strips and irons them into 1" single fold bias.  You can see how easy this is here in this demonstration on youtube but the process really is very intuitive - you roll the strips onto the spindle and it feeds it through the bias tip and then the iron. The result is beautifully crisp bias binding produced literally in seconds.  I like that it has the uneven turnbacks of real bias binding which lets you fold and stitch in the ditch, catching the wider fold underneath.

I bought the maker at Spotlight for the bargain price of $99.  It only comes with one tip, the 1" tip, but there are 5 other tips of varying widths available.  I'm not sure what the price is for these.  I used the bias binding maker to make the self binding on the blouse reviewed here and was happy with the result.

1 comment:

  1. I loved as much as you will receive carried out
    right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.

    nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering
    the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield
    this hike.

    Visit my site how much should i weigh

    ReplyDelete