Saturday, 11 June 2011

Winter skirts for Jane!

Bought some gorgeous fabrics from Tessuti in Chatswood a few weeks ago and have been sewing up a storm!  Feels good to be back in front of the sewing machine after a fairly long lull, I'm sure it's felt a bit neglected of late.


 The first fabric is a cotton/metal mix (that's what it said on the label, unsure what/why the metal's in there) with a gorgeous rusty orange border print.  I've lined it with a blush cotton voile as the fabric is translucent and kept it free of embellishment - the print is the star.


I also bought a heavy stretch corduroy to make a sporty skirt inspired by Belinda's recent project - gorgeous result by the way, Belinda, well done - and a fine charcoal wool georgette.  Once again I'm using the basic McCalls pattern # 3341, a shorter version of an A-line skirt, as the base for two of the skirts (the rusty cotton and the wool) and Burda #7437 for the corduroy.  If I can get the dang camera working I'll post some photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment