- Sew the shoulder seams
- Staystitch the neckline at exactly ½"
- Trim the neckline to within ⅛" of the stay stitching
Prepare the neck band
- Cut the band with cross-wise stretch, 2" wide x (length of neckline - 2")
- Fold band in half, lengthwise, WS together and press
- Form a loop with the cut ends overlapping and forming a V. Sew the two edges of the lower V together at ⅛".
- Mark the band at ¼ intervals.
- Marck the neckline at ¼ intervals.
Apply the neck band
- With RS together, apply band to neckline. Start with the V and stretch the band to match the 4 marked points, not stretching much close to the V.
- Sew the band in place with the neckline on top, using the stay stitching line as a guide and sewing ⅛" inside this (forms a ¼" seam), starting and finishing at the V.