- Draw vertical and horizontal guidelines to line the stand along. The stand will be drawn in the lowermost angle
- Measure half the finished neckline, front and back, including the neck edge of the placket eg 19cm
- Measure the back neckline (identifies the shoulder point) eg 8cm
- From the CB, along the horizontal guideline, measure out to the shoulder point (8cm), mark, then to the end of the neckline (19cm), mark.
- At 3cm up the vertical guideline (=CB), measure out to the shoulder point (8cm).
- The stand 'rise' (from the lower stand point) is 1.5cm (looser) - 3cm (tighter) above the 19cm mark. Use a French Curve to join the shoulder point to the rise point.
- Trace the shoulder, neckline and top 5cm or so of the front placket. Line the first 1 - 2cm of the tracing neckline/placket point up with the first 1 - 2cm of the lower stand point. Extend the line of the top 5cm or so of the front placket by 3cm = the angled side of the stand.
- Draw in the top curve of the stand (= the same as the lower curve).
- Add a 1.5cm extension to the side end of the stand if a button extension is needed.
- Trace the upper curve of the stand, flip it over and trace to get the opposite curve (= lower curve of the collar). Line the outer points up together with the inner point on the vertical guideline 1.5cm above the stand.
- Mark in the shoulder point. Draw in the collar upper curve 3.5cm above the lower curve (= CB), and a straight line to the shoulder point (eg 8cm)
- The rest of the collar upper curve is 'designers choice' - as big or wide as you like.
- To check how the whole thing will look together, trace the collar and the flip it down, matching it to the upper curve of the stand. This will give you the look of the stand and how long/wide the collar is in comparison to the CF.