Make a pattern
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric on the straight grain, making the main piece twice the length and twice the width of the finished bow, plus ¼" SA all around on both pieces. The bow will be about half the length of the main piece.
- Interface if the fabric is very drapey.
Sew the main piece
- With RS together, sew a ¼" seam on the long edge. Press the seam open over dowel and turn. Position the seam line in the middle and press.
- Make horizontal pleats on the CF and sew them down using a wide zig zag, about as wide as the centrepiece
- Pleat the raw ends of the main piece and tack in place.
- Fold the ends under so that they meet at CB. Sew through all layers using a wide zig zag (won't show - will be covered by the centrepiece).
Sew the centrepiece
- With RS together, sew a ¼" seam on the long edge. Press the seam open over a wooden chopstick and turn. Position the seam line in the middle and press.
- Finish the raw edges and press.
- Topstitch, if desired.
Assemble the bow
- Wrap the centrepiece around the main piece, overlapping raw edges at CB and hand stitch in place.
- Using teeny weeny stitches, stitch the folded edges of the centrepiece to the main piece - this puffs it up.